COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The Community Transportation Program is funded through SMART and Municipal Credits, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, grants, fares and donations. CTP provides service to area residents age 55 and older and adult individuals with permanent or temporary disabilities who cannot provide their own means of transportation to remain independent, contributing and functioning members of the community. Curb-to-curb service is provided for medical (non-emergency) appointments, work, hair appointments, shopping, prescription pick up, senior centers, lunch out and to visit family and friends within the local area, etc. Rides for work and medical needs are also provided within a limited radius outside the local area, referred to as “local plus”.
Community Transportation operates Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Ride requests are made through the dispatch office at 248-887-4979. Reservations need to be made 24 hours to 2 months in advance. All vehicles are lift equipped, riders must be self-sufficient or provide an escort (who rides free) to assist them
Service is provided Monday through Friday. Local is defined as Highland Township, Milford Township and the Village of Milford. The Local Service cost is $3.50 each way. Service deemed outside of the “local” service area is "local plus" is $7.00 each way. (Local plus covers a 16- mile radius from the center of downtown Milford. Please call the office for destination verification).
- Closed all legal holidays and weekends. Please see the Highland Township schedule of holidays.
- Closed when Huron Valley Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
- Closed at the discretion of the coordinator (may be due to mechanical needs, ridership numbers or weather-related concerns.)
- To accommodate medical visits, schedule appointments between 8:00 a.m. and no later than 2:30 p.m. local or 2:00 p.m. local plus.
- Request for next day service must be made by 3:30 a.m. the day before.
- Cancellations MUST be called in to the office at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled pick up time or you will be charged a one-way no show.
Donations made to the Community Transportation Program (CTP) are tax deductible under the 501C3 designation: Ride with Pride.
Click here for Route Schedule
Community Transportation Director