HIGHLAND/MILFORD TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The Highland/Milford Transportation Program is funded through SMART and Municipal Credits, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, fares and donations. HMTP provides service to its residents age 55 and older and adult individuals with permanent or temporary disabilities who cannot provide their own means of transportation to remain independent, contributing and functioning members of the community. Curb-to-curb transportation is provided for medical (non-emergency) appointments, work, hair appointments, shopping trips, prescription pick up, senior centers, lunch out and to visit family and friends within the local area, etc. Rides for work and medical needs are also provided within a limited radius outside the local area, referred to as “local plus”.
Highland/Milford Transportation operates Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Ride requests are made through the Highland/Milford Transportation dispatch office at 248-887-4979. Reservations need to be made 24 hours to 2 months in advance. All Vehicles are lift equipped, riders must be self sufficient or provide an escort (who rides free) to assist them
Local Service is provided Monday through Friday. Local is defined as Highland Township, Milford Township and the Village of Milford. The Local Service cost is $4.00 each way. Service deemed outside of the “local” service is "local plus" is $8.00 each way. (Local plus covers a 16- mile radius from the center of downtown Milford. Please call the office for destination verification).
- All riders must call for service, no automatic scheduling of riders.
- Closed all legal holidays and weekends. Please see the Highland Township schedule of holidays.
- Closed when Huron Valley Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
- Closed at the discretion of the coordinator (may be due to mechanical needs, ridership numbers or weather related concerns.)
- To accommodate medical visits, schedule appointments between 9:00 a.m. and no later than 2:00 p.m. (outside local) or 2:30 (local)
- Request for next day service must be made by 11:45 a.m. the day before.
- Cancellations MUST be called in to the office at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled pick up time or you will be charged a one way no show.
The Highland/Milford Transportation guidelines and bus route/scheduling is available through the dispatch office located at 205 Livingston Rd., in Highland. For more information please call us at 248-887-4979.
Donations made to the Highland/Milford Transportation Program (HMTP) are tax deductible under the 501C3 designation: Ride with Pride
Click here for an Application and Rules of the program
Highland-Milford Transportation Director