Please! Give your contractors working for you the building permit number.
AN APPROVED SET OF PRINTS SHALL BE ON THE BUILDING SITE AT THE TIME OF EVERY INSPECTION.
LIST OF ITEMS THAT MUST BE COMPLETED FOR THE ISSUANCE
OF A TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
FOR RESIDENTIAL USE
- The outside of home must be completed
- All decks and porches must be completed
- If there are no decks on prints then the exterior doors must have guard rails across their openings
- The grade must be completed
- The electrical must be completed
- The heating (mechanical) must be completed
- For the plumbing there must be water (well or public supply), hot water, kitchen sink, one completed
bathroom with a tub or shower and a locking door for privacy
- Doors on all the bedrooms including trim and hardware
- All handrail and guardrails must be installed
- Water well approval from Oakland County Health Department
- Septic system approval from Oakland County Health Department
- For blown-in or sprayed insulation - certification from the installer
- Address numbers on the House
This list is an attempt to make sure that all safety issues are addressed before occupancy of a residential unit. However, completion of this list does not insure that all safety issues will necessarily be addressed for a specific site. The code states: "……that such portion or portions (of a building) shall be occupied safely prior to full completion of the structure without endangering life or public welfare." This is entirely up to the inspector at the time of inspection.
Direct all questions you might have to the Building Official/Inspector.
Note: All commercial and industrial projects must be inspected for a TCO by the Building Inspector, for safety items and safe access to the building or to certain areas of the building by the public. There is no set standard list of inspection items for these types of projects.