Residents often call the Supervisor's Office to find out whether they live on a public or private road. The office references a map provided by the Road Commission for Oakland County (R.C.O.C.). Establishing whether you live on a public or private road enables you to know who is responsible for the maintenance of that road. 

Residents on a private road are responsible for maintaining their private road.


Residents on a public road rely on the Road Commission of Oakland County ( R.C.O.C) to maintain their road. You can contact the R.C.O.C.'s Department of Citizen Services directly @ 248 -858-4804 or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., however the Supervisor's office will, on your behalf, contact the R.C.O.C. with your inquiries, concerns or requests relating to county maintained roads.

Visit their website by clicking here


Click here for a direct link to the Gravel Road Dust Control schedule.

Click here for a direct link to Winter Road Maintenance. 

Click here for a direct link to Road Projects list.


While the township holds no responsibility for the maintenance of roads within its boundaries, we do participate in the cost of chloriding private and public gravel roads. Contact the Supervisor's office,at 248-887-3791 ext. 6, for information on how to participate in the chloride program.